Join our email list to receive weekly updates.
Read the November 2015 Perspective newsletter. Download the latest issue.
Across the country, education leaders are adding their voices to the call to address the issue of overtesting in schools. Numerous studies, such as the one released by the Council of the Great City Schools over the weekend, have shown that too often, districts lack a coherent assessment strategy...
New Report Shows Wide Variation, Lack of Alignment to College and Workforce Expectations in High School Diplomas
Washington, D.C. — October 19, 2015 — Achieve today released “How the States Got Their Rates,” a report compiling high school diploma options available to the class of 2014 in all 50 states and the District of Columbia alongside their graduation rates. The analysis looked at how many diplomas a...
Parents Say Better Communication from Schools Needed to Help their Children Graduate College and Career Ready
Washington, D.C. — October 8, 2015 — The third and final phase of a new national survey released by Achieve — Rising to the Challenge: Are Recent High School Graduates Prepared for College and Work — shows that better communication between high schools and parents is needed to address the...
- RT @MBAENews: #MA definitely not scrapping #PARCC or #CommonCore - @edu_post headline got it right while others have NOT https://t.co/XvYcxLsIKM @esanzi
- Check out this great explanation of how #CommonCore #math helps kids build upon their knowledge each year: https://t.co/VQDtdFrusf
- RT @chad6000: .@L_willen @hechingerreport HS that work expect ALL students to graduate w/ the skills and knowledge req for life after grad. @AchieveInc
- .@newsobserver: #CommonCore is a good thing. It raises standards & it demands more of schools, teachers, & students. https://t.co/6If6sdm0T1
- RT @drtedcoe: How #commoncore develops ideas that make sense https://t.co/U3VldN7Byd #ccss #mathed Thanks Brett Berry!